Our aim is to impact on all, and to nurture a life-long passion for sport, exercise and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
We want the children to be the best that they can be!
After carrying out an audit we have decided that our priorities for spending the Sport Premium money are:
- to offer all groups of children the opportunity to participate in sports festivals or competitions or extra-curricular activities.
- to provide professional development for staff so that all staff can deliver a high standard of P.E.
- for a wider range of activities to be offered to children.
- to further raise the profile of sports and P.E. in school.
Many of our action points have already started to be achieved and the children have taken part in many sports competitions and extra-curricular activities.
We are seeing the impact of the Sports Premium funding on a daily basis:
- Our Year 6 play leaders have some fantastic new equipment to work with, enabling them to bring a wide variety of games to the younger children and increase overall activity at break time;
- We held our first ever dance and gymnastics showcase;
- We held our first ever whole-school, internal basketball tournament;
- Our teachers have benefitted from some great training, and from working alongside specialist coaches; we are all now more confident and skilled in teaching PE and sport.
- We have seen increased participation in after-school sports clubs, including football, netball and athletics clubs run by our teachers, and multi-sports and dance clubs run by specialist practitioners;
- A large number of our pupils have been able to participate in high-level inter-school competitions, including tag-rugby, football, cross-country, netball, rounders, sportshall athletics and basketball; this year, we won trophies in cross-country and swimming.
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.